Dead Links

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
watcher777

Dead Links

Postby watcher777 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Not 100% this is in the correct section but it seemed logical at the time, but is there any plans for the moderators to go through and delete all the dead links? Because I am finding it quite frustrating trying to find songs I can use in game :sad:
(Apologies if I sound like a bit of a turd :laugh: )
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Dead Links

Postby nobby76 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 am

all it requires is a reupload from someone and the thread would be alive again.

Have you done anything towards trying to get the song, such as PM the author of the thread, or requesting in the thread for a reupload of the song, some people still might have it. I only ask because a lot of people seem to complain about links no longer working ( ever since the mega-upload purge) but never do anything else other just just say they dont work.

There are other options as well. we are not the only fof site it was a massive game 4/5/6 years ago and lots of sites popped up, you can also find large packs of songs on torrent sites and some wares sites. And if you REALLY want a certain song, you could always learn to chart yourself, that way the song comes out exactly as you expected plus you get the satisfaction on knowing you made it. We have plenty of information on how to make songs for fof on this site and on the wiki.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
opiumtest5

Re: Dead Links

Postby opiumtest5 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 am

Dead links are a frustration yes. Especially when you were convinced that whatever the song is, there's probably a chart for it somewhere. Purrrrety diss a point ing statement...

Anyhow, what you can do is try and confront the charter to see if he's willing to reupload them. The chances of reuploads happening is really slim nowadays though. Especially if it's about really old charts. But remember, the newer generation counts too! Just browse the song posting and WIP threads for a while and maybe you'll find some interesting stuff to play.
Projects:
Melodeath Hero WIP
Bullet for my Valentine - Temper Temper (Album) WIP
Dimension Zero Discography WIP
Dragonforce - The Power Within discontinued...
In Flames Discography FINISHED

My custom song thread
(Anime) (video Games) (John 5) (Tool) (Protest The Hero) (In Flames) (Dragonforce) (Vitalij Kuprij) (Random Japanese bull****) (Full Band songs) (packages)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”