rb3con - what's going on?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 2 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
s1ntex

rb3con - what's going on?

Postby s1ntex » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 am

Hey,
I didnt play any music game for ~ 1 year, I started playing Phase Shift. I was looking for songs and almost every nice project (Rush: RB, RB Party Songs) has songs in rb3con format for RB3 custom.
I know it's great, we can use customs in RB3, but I believe this forum is still about FoFix/PS, is there a tutorial how we can transform these songs for PS format?

Thanks in advance,
have a nice day!
http://www.fos.nvi.pl - Frets on s1ntex ;) :-)

drummerdude776

Re: rb3con - what's going on?

Postby drummerdude776 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:13 am

I would also like to know. With Rush being my favourite band, I was amazed to see a Rock band Project in progress! But the rb3con files really confuse me, any help? :confused:
alabamahit

Postby alabamahit » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:11 pm

It is a "con" format file. "Con" format is the game save format for Xbox 360.
Mike_Clarke

Postby Mike_Clarke » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:54 pm

To get RB3 con files working in fofix/ps you will need:
Modio
Audacity
Notepad

You should already have some of these but if you don't just search for them

First open the con file in Modio and look at the files contents and then extract the mid and mogg files. The open the mogg in audacity and export it as an ogg vorbis file. Then put both the mid and the ogg in a folder in your songs directory and rename them notes.mid and guitar.ogg respectively. Then open note pad and type :
[song]
artist =
name =

putting in the correct artist and song name of course. And then chose save as and save it as song.ini and place it in the same folder.
This usually works for me, hope I was of some help.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:23 am

The Songs should be posted in FoF Format anyways. Last time i seen this was a FRETS ON FIRE forum not RB hax forum. Glad all my songs are fofix/ps compatible right off the bat
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rockin Rindy

Postby Rockin Rindy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:38 pm

So how do we convert them (.ogg) back to (_rb3con) files?
All help is appreciated.....Thanks
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:25 am

Rockin Rindy wrote:So how do we convert them (.ogg) back to (_rb3con) files?
All help is appreciated.....Thanks

You dont convert ogg to con.
CON is a container file. OGG is an audio file. That is like asking how to i convert MP3 to Zip. Ogg is one of the formats that goes inside con files, they do not get converted to con. Inside a Con ( as already explained) are several files. so converting an ogg to con would be pointless, there would be nothing inside the con file.

Basically what you need to do is the reverse of what you do to get the files out of a con. But as Amak already said , this is an FOF site not an RB hax site. if you want to learn how to make customs rb songs or extract/ repack Con files go to an Xbox or custom RB site. They will have full instructions on how its all done.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
RockinRindy

Postby RockinRindy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 am

Sorry, I was just looking for information, I wasn't meaning to upset the forums.
There is so many different people that have posted to many tutorials u just get confused.
Also I like the songs that have been produced here and just wanted to play them on my xbox with my friends.
Sorry again and thanks for the info.
applezop

Postby applezop » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:11 am

Could someone convert/repackage all (or some) of these as RB3Cons?

Return to “General FOF Discussion”