Best FoF Mod... Opinions?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 11 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
SonicXxRock

Best FoF Mod... Opinions?

Postby SonicXxRock » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Well, long story short, I have been away from the FoF scene for nearly 4 years. I just remembered FoF because my friend gave me GH3 all of a sudden and I just have to play FoF again with this Xbox Guitar. Plus I got a new laptop so I'll have a really high framerate.

So, what are your opinions when it comes to the best mod? It was worth the 30 minutes remembering my username, since I couldn't have the forum email my password without that. :tongue2:
blatz89

Re: Best FoF Mod... Opinions?

Postby blatz89 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Hmm... Is this assuming you've already download FoFiX 3.121?

OMG, what is this? a link? Where did this come from?. Well, I for one, think you should click it. Go ahead. Do it. No pressure. :tongue:

EDIT: If you've already gotten it, then ignore the above link and stupidity.
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:24 pm

FoFiX and Phase Shift are currently the most popular, both of which are standalone. Personally I prefer FoFiX, but more and more people seem to be switching to Phase Shift as it's being updated actively, whereas FoFiX updating seems to have stagnated over the last year or so.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Phase Shift is a great program as well, although it eats up a bit more processing power, and some people just download FoFiX for the GH/RB aesthetic, which probably won't be crafted for Phase Shift in the same way. Personally, I like Phase Shift's appearance the way it is, I'm just saying that's an argument that's out there.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Phase Shift is Windows-only, though, and not really an FoF mod. If you are on Windows, it is worth checking out. FoFiX is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac. Both are great.

Edit: I hear Phase Shift is compatible with Wine, so you should be able to play it on Linux and Mac as well.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 pm

For me, Rf-mod is undoubtedly the best. It's the only mod where I have so much fun with. FoFiX too, but too bad, it can only reach the second place. But for most people it would be FoFiX because of its customization abilities and have better support with current MIDI charts (though most you can find this year needs Phase Shift to have full support).

But it's all a matter of taste, really.
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 pm

I love RF-Mod because it supported the version of FoF with the stage moving to the music. That was a great touch. I still have the animated "band mod" that somebody made on a flash drive somewhere, lol. FoFiX is awesome with all the compatibility and stuff, but it loses the nostalgia factor, and the classic FoF mods for FoFiX just feel a bit unauthentic for some reason.

I exclusively play FoFiX, though, because I love solo sections and the singing and whatnot, and it looks nicer while using less processing power (I think).
wolfdane

Postby wolfdane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:28 am

I haven't really played FoF enough to know all the best mods. I'd have to agree though the FoFiX is awesome, works nice and smoothly on my rig.

And I tried Phase Shift just a while ago, gotta say, I like the way it looks, but it did not perform well on my system. The frets lighting up when I pushed the buttons seemed to have about a 2 second lag, which was horrible, I couldn't play anything.

I messed with the settings a little bit and got it to perform a little better, but still not good enough. As far as playability, if you don't have a real high-end rig, I think FoFiX is the way to go. That's just me though
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:10 am

The problem with Phase Shift is that you need to calibrate the game first to sort out the lag. But for some people, they just can't get the calibration values right, including me. No matter how many times I calibrate, it's still far from playable (the hit windows just feels really tight because of this).
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:57 am

acrox999 wrote:The problem with Phase Shift is that you need to calibrate the game first to sort out the lag. But for some people, they just can't get the calibration values right, including me. No matter how many times I calibrate, it's still far from playable (the hit windows just feels really tight because of this).

are you running from a monitor or a TV?
Image Image
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:22 am

Asskickulater wrote:
acrox999 wrote:The problem with Phase Shift is that you need to calibrate the game first to sort out the lag. But for some people, they just can't get the calibration values right, including me. No matter how many times I calibrate, it's still far from playable (the hit windows just feels really tight because of this).

Monitor.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 pm

acrox999 wrote:
Asskickulater wrote:

Monitor.

wait a second... i feel like weve been over this before....
Image Image

Return to “General FOF Discussion”