Fretting Songs

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 11 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Green Day 247

Fretting Songs

Postby Green Day 247 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:29 pm

I've noticed that for some of the charts that I get from this site, one guitar part will be fretted in part of the song, but later on it seems like it will change parts to rhythm guitar or lead guitar. Also some carts seem like they switch back and forth more than once. I was just wondering if some of you more experienced fretters purposely do this or what. Or do you guys just fret what ever part is most prominent. Please reply with you're method for fretting only the guitar part of songs.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Fretting Songs

Postby raynebc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:51 pm

The general method is to chart what's prominent, but to try to remain consistent throughout the song (ie. playing the lead guitar part during the first verse, but playing a different guitar part during an identical second verse). There are separate tracks for specifically lead and rhythm guitar though, so it's preferred for the author to put those parts in those tracks if he/she is willing to go to the effort. Otherwise the normal PART GUITAR is usually a mix of guitar parts.
Green Day 247

Postby Green Day 247 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 pm

raynebc wrote: but to try to remain consistent throughout the song (ie. playing the lead guitar part during the first verse, but playing a different guitar part during an identical second verse).

Wouldn't you keep the same part (lead guitar) for an identical verse if you are trying to stay "consistent"?
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Postby Kueller917 » Sat May 19, 2012 5:28 pm

There's no set in stone method for charting really. Even from one song to another the method for charting can differ depending on what'll make the more consistent and enjoyable chart.
Image Image
bogoblin

Postby bogoblin » Mon May 21, 2012 6:22 am

Here's some reading material - go read it http://creators.rockband.com/docs/Authoring
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 am

If I'm only planning on charting one PART for the song, and the parts are too repetitive/boring between verses (every verse the lead guitar plays the same boring part), then I'll switch it up between verses. If the lead plays something lame every chorus, but the rhythm is really going to town, I'll switch to rhythm. If both parts are equally cool, I'll switch it up anyway, because, as a player and music lover, I'd want to play both parts myself. If there are more than three verses or choruses, but the guitar parts are exactly the same in every single verse, I'll usually switch up on one of the later go-rounds just to keep things interesting.

If I decide to do rhythm AND lead, then I'll chart PART_RHYTHM as just strictly that, PART_LEAD(or was that PART_COOP, I forget, it's been so long) as strictly that, and PART_GUITAR will be the "interesting blend" of the two. Hey, it's Frets on Fire, why restrict yourself when you can take a third option, ya know? ;)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”