Ogg file idea?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
GuitarBoy55

Ogg file idea?

Postby GuitarBoy55 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:48 am

All of you know that ogg is a lossy codec for audio. That means you don't have the best quality for you fof songs. Now that's bad since you won't get full cd quality. But my question is does anyone use flac ogg when making songs? I know it takes up more space but isn't it kind of a good idea to have lossless audio in the container used for fof? I think it's a good idea as long as you have the option for the lossy ogg song just for people who are concerned with space. Any thoughts on this? Just to let you know flac is a lossless audio codec (that means no quality is lost) and flac ogg is just flac in an ogg container
fuzion

Re: Ogg file idea?

Postby fuzion » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:18 am

You can try changing guitar.ogg to guitar.flac in Song.py and using plain .flac files without the --ogg encapsulation option since pygame expects ogg to be ogg and complains about FLAC Ogg. It works for me, with my specific python/package versions/dependencies.[1]. You shouldn't expect it as a default feature in the near future though. Put it on the issue tracker and I'll mark it under Wishlist for future consideration.

My Setup
Python 2.7 win32 with these packages.
FoFiX.git @ 041ab622c85b5a0a6fc59b931d0505bb6047001c

Return to “General FOF Discussion”