Custom Songs Wiki News

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Custom Songs Wiki News

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:41 am

*******************Please sticky here or 2 the appropriate forum!************************
********************************[by Sasquatch]*********************************

Hey guys, I hope that you have been noticing changes that have been made to the Custom Songs Wiki so far. It seems as tho the database is a little outdated, with dead links, and such; Some of the moderators and I are doing our best to code a better, updated version of the Wiki for you guys. We hope that it will be more convient to find songs, fretters, and forums, instead of just searching through all the forums on the Frets On Fire Forums to find songs that you enjoy. The people in the forums have done an excellent job with layout and collecting ideas together and placing them in an "easy to find" place; we hope to accomplish the same idea in the Wiki.
If you've been through the Wiki in a couple of days, you have noticed that we have added an "Insturment box" to most of the pages. We want to help make it easier on you guys to find what you want. Everyone on the Frets On Fire community would be a really big help to make our Custom Song Wiki Database, the most up-to-date and effecient way to find music. Anything you can do to help us out is greatly appreciated. Even if you cannot dedicate the time to code; at least, if you are going to be fretting songs and uploading them, please make sure and start putting things like the difficulties, insturments, and such. We have given much time into helping out the community and for whatever you guys are doing for the community; we appreciate it. The Frets On Fire community does not run off of just some moderators and Python coders on an internet page, it's all run because of YOU, ALL OF YOU!

*******************Please sticky here or 2 the appropriate forum!************************
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Custom Songs Wiki News

Postby amak11 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Just to add in to who is doing what.
SoD Sasquatch is looking for dead/improper links, and adding instrument column (which was optional to him)
The people adding the "Instrument(s)" column to the Wiki Song DB are; myself, Xbox360922, and AdeadlierSnake.

The actual process is a little under halfway done, and it is yeilding a nicer looking DB

A couple items I need to get off my chest

!. The Wiki song DB is for links from FoF-FF only! I have seen a few direct mediafire/rapidshare links that were removed in the pages I edited.

2. Now that the db is being updated, it would be nice to see proper format (cause after all we are a Frets on Fire Fan Forum). That meaning, difficulties should be as follows: Amazing, Medium, Easy, and Supereasy. The proper names for FoF difficulties.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 am

It's Saturday September 4th-4:57 AM, and I'm completely done with sections: 0-9, A, and B. I will be starting on C and hopefully getting about 1 letter done per night (If I can stay working on it my entire 7 1/2 hours). This is a slow process and we're doing the best we can, we would appreciate it if any1 can help delete links that are no longer avaliable. I did NOT go through EVERY link on the pages, I just checked what I could @ the time and fixed the unknown (?) difficulties. If you come across 1 while downloading songs and you don't want 2 delete it/don't have the time, please post the artist and song name under this forum, it'd really help speed things along. Other than that, hope you enjoy the newly updated database!
Stick Thrower
(51)

Postby (51) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:00 am

Thanks for your work! I'm looking forward to searching for drum songs without having to sift through every page.
ADeadlierSnake

Postby ADeadlierSnake » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:54 am

Also, adding onto what Amak11 was saying, please do not use abbreviations for instruments, or difficulties. In addition, put the difficulties in descending order (Amazing, Medium, Easy, Supaeasy). Try to make your post look exactly like the majority of the others. We want it as uniform as possible for the sake of neatness, organization, as well as for the fact that it makes future wiki editing LOTS easier if everyone adheres to the same code. When everyone plays their own game and puts whatever they want in the columns, it gets tougher to edit.

Thanks!

Spoiler:

<RedShadow>: ADD Adumbshlt, A Dork Amak Adorkdork dorkdork=Nickolodeon=Nickelodeon

BeenGaming

Postby BeenGaming » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 am

Does this mean you guys will be updating the actual list of songs itself? Because that would be epic. I have found nearly every song I have looked for, but probably at least half required me to do one of the aforementioned Thread Searches, which can take a long time to actually find the link to the chart. A revamp would be awesome.

Thanks for all you guys have done/continue to do! As a recent addition to the community, I sometimes wondered if I had "missed" FoF - many of the big names seem to have moved on, and the Stickies and guides seemed to be outdated. It's stuff like this that gives me confidence the game is still alive; keep it up!
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:08 am

Yes, this is a pretty large project in that it takes me about one letter a day, (usually about 4 hours or so) but I'm slowly getting it done. Letters A-H are already finished and I will continue to try and do a letter each night, or morning. I've been adding a lot of songs their too, especially Mustis' songs and such, i've added many Fretters' names to the database along with a "Special Projects" box for them to update on what they have created as far as Albums and Song Packs/Heros. I've had a lot of ideas to add and most of them were shot down but some of them stayed and I will continue to do the best I can for the community, thanx for the comment!
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:05 am

********************************Updated Comment Sept. 25********************************
Hey guys i've been working through the project pretty quickly now that I really know what it is i'm doing. I've changed a couple of things up to save room in the db and to make it easier to find what you're looking for (and to help me a little).
#1, I've changed some of the wording up on the "Custom Songs" page but it may be a bit confusing so here's how it works: Guitar/Bass/Drums = "All Insturments"; Guitar/Bass/Drums/Vocals = "Full Band", the following are not either or-Guitar/Bass/Rhythm, Guitar/Rhythm/Drums, Guitar/Bass/Vocals, Guitar/Drums/Vocals (I think you get my point).
#2, Some members in the forum have fretted an ENTIRE album, either by themselves or with other's help. To save room I have asked that we put the entire album in one column in this fashion:
Example: || Linkin Park || Meteora (Full Album) || Difficulty || Insturments || Fretter(s) || Link ||
I will be working on the forum some more and I will try and combine anything I see in this fashion but please do so in the future to make it a whole lot easier.
#3, If you guys are wandering why your songs are being taken down. Here is what I do; I go through the wiki and find the links next to the songs and if they're dead then I remove them. I do one run through to grab all of the (?) Unknown difficulties and either give them a difficulty (by testing in EOF) or removing the link if it's dead. After I've been removing all of those links and really get into updating each individual artist I do not JUST make sure that the link on the right goes to forum link, I make sure that the song is still on the forum link and if it IS then I make sure I can pull them from the download site provided. Some of you know that some of your songs have been taken down but you know that you have had the same full list of songs on the same forum page the whole time, they've been taken down because the download site is no longer holding them.
Anyway, so I am on "M" this morning and will continue on, hopefully I can get 2-3 out of the way today and be finished by next week.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:22 am

Great job there! can i request that if you find any down links from me that you let me know so that i can re-upload them? :P
Image Image
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:37 am

Sure, no problem I will send them via PM. I'll make sure and leave them in the db so that u only have 2 change the link location code instead of redoing the entire thing.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”