Number of pads on homemade drum kit

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gandalf23

Re: Number of pads on homemade drum kit

Postby Gandalf23 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Tutorial for this would be awsome!

I have a 12 buttons joy wich is useless for me now :tongue:
NBSRDan

Postby NBSRDan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:34 am

Necessary: 4 things you can hit with sticks (red, yellow, blue, green), 1 pedal (orange)

Maximum without redundancy: 1 'snare' pad (red), 3 'tom' pads (yellow, blue, green), 1 'hi-hat' pad (yellow), 2 'cymbal' pads (blue, green), 1 'bass' pedal (orange), 1 'overdrive' and/or 'pause' pedal (any color
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 am

To be sure just get 5 pads and one kick!
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 am

4 pads, 3 cymbals, 1 to 2 kick(s). period.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 pm

timfoss wrote:4 pads, 3 cymbals, 1 to 2 kick(s). period.

Pretty sure he just wants to make a gaming kit, not a full electric drum kit

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Ambiguity wrote:
timfoss wrote:4 pads, 3 cymbals, 1 to 2 kick(s). period.

Pretty sure he just wants to make a gaming kit, not a full electric drum kit

Well, rock band kits actually support 4 pads and 3 cymbals, and once you've played on a kit like that (like the ION or the RBP Ultimate Kit) you'll never wanna go back to just 4 pads.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Too bad they are completely useless cymbals (except for fills and the drum trainer) since it's still 4-lane charts. That's the reason why I prefer to play drums on GH, because it supports 5-lanes and the cymbals don't just do the exact same things as the pads :).

Of course if it were me doing this, I probably would make it a realistic electric drum kit, but only because I'd want to play on them away from the game too.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:22 am

Ambiguity wrote:Too bad they are completely useless cymbals (except for fills and the drum trainer) since it's still 4-lane charts. That's the reason why I prefer to play drums on GH, because it supports 5-lanes and the cymbals don't just do the exact same things as the pads :).

Of course if it were me doing this, I probably would make it a realistic electric drum kit, but only because I'd want to play on them away from the game too.

well, I have the RBP Ultimate kit which I use as a real drum kit too, so playing the cymbals with the correct pad helps me learn the song in real life too.
samc

Postby samc » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:14 pm

Another question:
What is the ideal size (diameter) for the pads?
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:28 pm

3.5 to 4 inches.
Mi2terE

Postby Mi2terE » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Ambiguity wrote:Too bad they are completely useless cymbals (except for fills and the drum trainer) since it's still 4-lane charts. That's the reason why I prefer to play drums on GH, because it supports 5-lanes and the cymbals don't just do the exact same things as the pads :).

My thoughts exactly, at least this thread answered my 4 lane question. Now to see if I can use cubase and chart all the drum dlc to guitar in fofix, by swapping the midi file notes about and the ogg's, hopefully that will give me 5 lanes :-)
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:18 pm

Way to necro-post.
bogoblin

Postby bogoblin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:13 pm

If you can have two pads for each note, use:

Snare - Red
Hi-Tom - Yellow
Lo-Tom - Blue
Floor Tom - Green
Hi-Hat - Yellow
Crash - Blue
Ride - Green

DUH BASS. You probably could've guessed that one though. get a double bass if you like metal.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”