Guitar Pro -> midi conversions

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
pimpinpalomo

Guitar Pro -> midi conversions

Postby pimpinpalomo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:05 pm

i know there are some fretters out there that use tabs to help them make songs, so i am going to help everyone. as some of you may know, guitar pro tabs are fairly accurate (compared to some other ones). they arent 100% perfect though. you cant read the tabs unless you have guitar pro. you can download a free trial, but that doesnt last you very long. Guitar Pro can also convert these tabs into midi files. they cant be used in FoF directly, but they help to give you something to start with. this thread will be dedicated to converting guitar pro tabs into midi files for people to use as a guideline for fretting songs. just give me the name of the song and artist, then give me the link for the guitar pro file (in a post or PM), and i will provide you with a link to the midi file. i only use mediafire to upload. if you would like to post a mirror, just PM me with the link.

Guitar Pro -> midi conversions:
none so far.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Re: Guitar Pro -> midi conversions

Postby Lysdestic » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:07 pm

I believe most of us already know this, but it should be noted that a program called 'TuxGuitar' can do it as well -- and it's free.
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm pretty sure this guy has never read Puppetz' tutorial.
Anyways this method is known very well since Puppetz uses it and taught it to many people. As Lysdestic said, TuxGuitar is free and can play Guitar Pro and Power Tab.
Add me on XBL
oed

Postby oed » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 am

pimpinpalomo wrote:as some of you may know, guitar pro tabs are fairly accurate (compared to some other ones). they arent 100% perfect though.

Just the fact that a tab is in guitar pro format dosn't mean it's more accurate, the accuracy depends on the one who made the tab.
ImageImage
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:34 pm

felixdaman18 wrote:I'm pretty sure this guy has never read Puppetz' tutorial.
Anyways this method is known very well since Puppetz uses it and taught it to many people. As Lysdestic said, TuxGuitar is free and can play Guitar Pro and Power Tab.

Or my tutorial :rolleyes: which came out before puppets released his tutorial, and its whole point was using midi fles, as a basis for fretting songs. Why everyone thinks puppets wrote some kinda of bible on fretting songs.. ( im not saying he stole my idea) but he basically reproduced most of what i said in my tut and then added and improved on that.
Oh and just so everybody knows ALL tux guitar, power tab, guitar pro files ARE midi files. they just have a different header in them, but they are all based around a standard midi file.

and as OED just said, just because the file is for guitar pro does not make it any more accurate than a file for power tab or tux guitar or even a straight forward midi. if you look on somewhere like 1001tabs.com you will find many versions of the same file ( just available for different programs )

To the original poster, yes we appreciate what you are offering us. But to be honest, your not really offering much, as any user of this forum could do what your doing for free, themselves. in fact thats how i obtained some of the midi files i used when creating my tutorial. Convert from GP or PT to midi then import into Fruity loops for the tweaking of the notes.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “General FOF Discussion”