Fretboard Speed Question

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
lino4

Fretboard Speed Question

Postby lino4 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:55 am

What fretboard speed settings would more closely match the fretboard speed of the Rock Band game?
Lazers. I'ma chargin them.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Fretboard Speed Question

Postby nobby76 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:26 am

There is no set board speed for RB or GH, it depends entirely on what the speed of the song is. The fret board is controlled by the tempo of the song.
If the tempo changes part way through the song, the board speed will also change mid song.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:32 am

nobby76 wrote:There is no set board speed for RB or GH, it depends entirely on what the speed of the song is. The fret board is controlled by the tempo of the song.
If the tempo changes part way through the song, the board speed will also change mid song.

This is not true. In GH and RB the board speed maintains a constant board speed with vBPM in mind (what I mean is that when the tempo slows down, you can "feel" the song slowing, but the actual board is not really slowing down).

Now to answer the question...

Rock Band default board speed -> about 100 or so (percentage)
Rock Band 2 break neck speed -> about 250/260 (percentage)
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 am

sherranjjj001 wrote:
This is not true. In GH and RB the board speed maintains a constant board speed with vBPM in mind (what I mean is that when the tempo slows down, you can "feel" the song slowing, but the actual board is not really slowing down).

Now to answer the question...

Rock Band default board speed -> about 100 or so (percentage)
Rock Band 2 break neck speed -> about 250/260 (percentage)

i stand erected lol. alltho when you say "feel" it slowing down ive also notice a visual change in the actual board spacing. what i mean is as a song speeds up or slows down the fret lines do become closer or further apart, i noticed it most on some RB2 songs and on a few GHWT songs. if this isnt board speeds i dont know what is. Also not forgetting are we talking about expert level or the other levels, coz expert (on ghwt especially ) runs like twice the speed of the other difficulties.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Yes it is indeed true that higher difficulties have faster board speeds. When the beat lines are further apart is creates an optical illusion of the board slowing down. It messes with me too :tongue2:
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Doesn't TATLOFU have a variable board speed in RB?
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
lino4

Postby lino4 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 am

So is Rock Band's default board speed about the same as the Guitar Hero defaults? Or is it slightly different? I haven't played GH on normal speed in a while, so I can't make a clear comparison.
Lazers. I'ma chargin them.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”