Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
xbox360922

Re: Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

Postby xbox360922 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:32 pm

sonicandshadow97 wrote:Now it says I have a trojan and they kicked me off! Well, I kind of understand the ban, but it says I have a virus or trojan so I can't connect.

Um.... What?
That... Shouldn't.... Happen.
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:38 pm

But it did.
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:53 pm

The ban you understand, so thats good. And regarding the virus. if you DL mirc from the official mirc site you shouldn't get a virus because those files are clean. I REALLY wouldn't recommend trying to DL mirc from anywhere else as you cannot know for sure if the files are clean or not.

And if you hadn't been dicking around, you wouldn't have got the ban anyway. if you think you can act in a mature manner and want to come back then by all means do ( just PM either me, xbox360 or Nwru and we will lift the ban for you) . but if you start acting like you did the other day, you will get cast out again..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm

For some reason, it happened on the java version, I downloaded it from the link provided.

Yes I would like to come back, I think I can act in a mature manner.

Here is what the error says:

[15:29] AUTO [1] Infected with a virus or trojan, please clean your system. Cleaner @ http://www.moosoft.com (P2)

Has the ban lifted yet? I PMed you with no reply.
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:27 pm

I really don't understand how to connect on my ipod's irc app (Colloquy). Does anybody have it?
Add me on XBL
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:48 pm

felixdaman18 wrote:I really don't understand how to connect on my ipod's irc app (Colloquy). Does anybody have it?

i dont know anyone thats tried to connect via an ipod before sorry. i once knew a guy that connected via his O2 smart phone. but that worked just the same as if it was on a normal pc.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Is my ban lifted yet? I PMed you, Nobby.
Image Image
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:06 am

For the moment yes it is, but we would preferre it if you stayed in the channel longer than 3 seconds this time. Every time we tried to talk to you , you would just simply say " oh ill leave then " and quit. Do not keep pulling that crap please, its very annoying, esp when the Ops are trying to talk to you.
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 am

Okay.
Image Image
brandon1107

Postby brandon1107 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Whenever I log in I am welcomed with this message:

[19:18] Connecting...
[19:19] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

Whats wrong? It was working last night.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:50 am

brandon1107 wrote:Whenever I log in I am welcomed with this message:

[19:18] Connecting...
[19:19] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

Whats wrong? It was working last night.

Dont know, if it was working last night, then it should still work now. nothing has changed our end, so it must be your end thats having trouble.. at a guess id say its java related , as its showing a java error. the connection time out just means its taking too long to try and connect, so its canceling the connection ( same as when you get a operation timed out, on web pages. ) Try connecting to a different undernet server, because some servers you wont be able to connect to, either they are too far away or are having server issues. other than that i dont know what to tell you.
warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:01 am

[INFO] Connecting to irc://undernet/ (irc://irc.undernet.org/)… [Cancel]
=== *** Looking up your hostname
=== *** Checking Ident
=== *** Couldn't look up your hostname
=== *** No ident response
=== Somette Register first.
=== Insecure Korean netblock.
[ERROR] Closing Link: Somette by Vancouver.BC.CA.Undernet.org (K-lined)

This ALWAYS happens D:
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:41 am

Most of that you can forgetabout, a lot of people including myself get most of that.

warhol wrote:[INFO] Connecting to irc://undernet/ (irc://irc.undernet.org/)… [Cancel]
=== *** Looking up your hostname
=== *** Checking Ident
=== *** Couldn't look up your hostname
=== *** No ident response

All of the above i see every time i connect to irc so dont worry about that too much
This however is where it gets interesting
warhol wrote: === Somette Register first.
=== Insecure Korean netblock.
[ERROR] Closing Link: Somette by Vancouver.BC.CA.Undernet.org (K-lined)

This ALWAYS happens D:

im sure i read something about Korea blocking certain things outside of there country, not 100% sure of the details tho. But it could be that, and to be honest thats what it looks like. but you cant be having that much trouble. Ive seen you in the channel plenty of times..
warhol

Postby warhol » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14 am

Well, yeah. I get past sometimes, cause chatzilla connects to a random undernet server all the time, so I get it sometimes only. I got mIRC and tested every server. Seems like I only get in when I get through the ny server. Seems to work now :D
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Hitokiri

Postby age » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:46 pm

warhol wrote:Well, yeah. I get past sometimes, cause chatzilla connects to a random undernet server all the time, so I get it sometimes only. I got mIRC and tested every server. Seems like I only get in when I get through the ny server. Seems to work now :D

It would seem that, in chatzilla at least, this link would work: irc://undernet/FOF-FF

In theory, it shouldn't matter which undernet server you connect to -- they should all be able to take you to the chatroom.
"The past often attacks the present with the pain of memories"
- Unknown

Return to “General FOF Discussion”