Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Re: Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Oh, get off your high horse, Nobby. We all know you view yourself as the king of the IRC. Nobody wants to take that away from you... Undernet just sucks.

FYI: My shooting bit was a joke since I already knew the channel was something you created.

76Nobs wrote:But untill that happens ( if it ever does ) if you can't connect using mibbit then you will have to use one of the other options.

It's not an issue with me using Mibbit, as I use other programs most of the time... I've noticed my internet provider doesn't play well connecting to Undernet in general. Every other IRC server I visit works fine, but for some reason, at home or at work (same provider), Undernet is a 1/10 shot -- mibbit or not.

End of the day, it doesn't matter, and frankly, I don't care. It'd be cool to pop-in every once in a while but I'm losing no sleep over it.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:55 am

but i like this horse ive had it since i was a boy.

I was only messing around in the beginning of my post too. But meh! if you wanna be a pr1ck about it thats fine with me, you have made it abundantly clear what you actually think of me, so its probably easier if you don't bother coming back, you just wouldnt enjoy yourself.. well not if im gonna be there anyway ( and i usually am online)

So thanks for stopping by one in a blue moon, it wasnt much, but all visits were welcomed...
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Wow, either my school is blocking IRC access (which it has never done) or my laptop is f*cked up. i cannot connect to this IRC or the fofix one. Ill try a proxy on the web IRC

-- Edit --

I sent a request to have it my IP removed from their block list on undernet. Hopefully this problem is corrected soon fixed for me

OFTC is anotehr story it says im infected and i just ran a virus check and their is rick all.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

fuzion

Postby fuzion » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:27 pm

public proxies and irc generally don't mix
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

amak11 wrote:OFTC is anotehr story it says im infected and i just ran a virus check and their is rick all.

Not 100% sure with you, but i know sometimes when mibbit gets G-lined ( a chunk of mibbit it banned ) also when some other random people get G-lined, often it says that a virus was detected, so you might be using a similar address to someone who was G lined, so you could be seeing the virus warning because of that ??? dunno..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:17 am

Nobby you should really consider moving the irc somewhere else because Undernet is really stupidly slow and right now we cant even get into it
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:36 am

weirdpeople wrote:Nobby you should really consider moving the irc somewhere else because Undernet is really stupidly slow and right now we cant even get into it

Are you kidding? As much as it needs to happen, he won't do it because it's his channel, and as such, must follow his directive.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:18 am

Thank you for that wonderful incite Lysdestic. but as you don't want to be a part of the whole channel thing, how about you just sod off and stay out of the thread too, you have no real reason to be here other than to be a pain in the ass for me and any users that happen to use this thread. OF COURSE i'd be the one to decide if i move the channel or not, who else would decide, its all stored on my pc??

@ weirdpeople. perhaps the specific server you was trying to join was slow, i doubt every single undernet server was acting up all at the same time. And unfortunately no matter which set of servers you use weather it be efnet, dalnet or undernet there will ALWAYS be some slow days or some slow servers, there is nothing any of us can do about that.

@raynebc as has been explained before undernet as a whole will not go down. one or two servers may drop out for a while but you still have another 15 or so to pick from. If undernet had completely gone down then everyone in the channel would be offline ( or off undernet ) and that never happened. In fact it has never happened to us yet. if it seems like you cant get onto the servers just keep trying the other undernet servers you will find one that you will be able to connect to. some times i can't connect to any of the euro servers other days i can't connect to any US servers but there will always be at least one server i can connect to.
Last edited by nobby76 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Update : We have moved....

As of 25th December we will be switching over to the new servers. The connection issues on Undernet were getting to the point of unmanageable, so we have been testing a different set of servers, that were both big enough to have multiple servers across both the US and Europe and to be small enough that you don't get millions of IRC nublets crashing the party ( damn those IRC nublets grrr :angry: )

OK. The info you need...

The new servers are at GameSurge.net The channel name is still the same tho.. #FOF-FF

Here's a list of servers you can connect to and add to your IRC client . . GameSurge servers
Or if you would rather connect via Mibbit you still can, by clicking this link #FoF-FF on Mibbit

To join the channel from an IRC client, use one of the servers above, then once it has connected just type /join #fof-ff
If you use the Mibbit link, after inputting a name it will take you directly to the channel, so you will not need to do the /join command
The new Mibbit link will also replace the current one found in the Top Right corner of the forum.

Happy Holidays from the IRC Op's.. Nwru, Nobby76 & Xbox360922
MindsFOX

Re:

Postby MindsFOX » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:19 am

warhol wrote:Cons of being on the other side of the world: Nobody goes on during my waking hours xD
xD another con during the other side of world, is to the left.
BarryRicke22

dental and implant

Postby BarryRicke22 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Lol def got a lot outta that post.
mikestanley464

Postby mikestanley464 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:24 am

Then the channel name is FOF-FF so to join you would type /j FOF-FF
and that will take you to the channel.vidmate | vidmate for pc
Canli Mac izle
BTW mIRC is probably the oldest chat program going i was using this about 12 years ago!
Last edited by mikestanley464 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:33 pm

mikestanley464 wrote:Then the channel name is FOF-FF so to join you would type /j FOF-FF
and that will take you to the channel.
BTW mIRC is probably the oldest chat program going i was using this about 12 years ago!

Correct, the command would be /j fof-ff or at most /j #fof-ff

And yes it's really old, i was using it closer to 20 years ago.. I'm 44 now, i remember chatting to girls in america on it (i'm in england) when i was 20-21.

The channel is very quiet these days, really now it's just a place for some of us long time members and admins/mods to hang out in..
Last edited by nobby76 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rahulp411

Postby rahulp411 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:19 am

it keeps telling me i got a bad name and all this stuff... i put in a new name and it tells me bad name again, and all this stuff... wont even log me into a server. its telling me i have a bad name, aswell as register first??? AHHHH why me
tutuappvip.co
routingnumbers.onl
Last edited by rahulp411 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”