Making songs with midi files - no fretting required

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Fri May 30, 2008 5:44 pm

Is there anyway to do this with Garageband on Mac.
4EKA

Postby 4EKA » Fri May 30, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm having a problem with syncing
unfortunately, I chose Slayer for my first song :)
the problem is that for example everything goes sync until 0:30 sec then the tempo start to differ and I am to change it. It's not so difficult, but evetytime I change something, to test it I have to play the song from the very beggining.
So is there anyway to playback the mp3 layer from the point I'd like to?

and oh
sorry, forgot to thank you :D
the topic is a WAY HELPFULL
Last edited by 4EKA on Fri May 30, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 pm

Ermm there is a way to make the song play from part way through, but its way too long and complicated to explain here. So its better just to say No it cant be done. The reason is we are using fruity loops for something its not really designed to do.

Generally you use small audio samples like drum sounds, or little riffs etc as samples in fruity loops, but we are using a whole song. so we are kinda trying to use a 3.5 - 5 minute sample ( rather than a 1 second sample of a drum)
They nly way you can really do it is to chop the audio into say... 30 second chunks and load each one in as a seperate audio sample. then every 30 seconds stamp down the next part of the audio ( i did say its complicated )
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
4EKA

Postby 4EKA » Fri May 30, 2008 11:18 pm

choping a song into a few parts is a nice idea
thanks again
Edgley

Postby Edgley » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:03 pm

Wow! This is simply amazing!

I just created my first song in about an hour! Of course, I've used FL Studio before, but still, I am amazed. I can't wait to go make all my favorite songs!

Thank you so much for figuring this out and posting it, I'll be sure to give you credit in all my songs.

edit: one thing though, musicrobot seems to be down :(
Last edited by Edgley on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm

Edgley wrote:edit: one thing though, musicrobot seems to be down :(

Really, ive never seen that website down, and ive used it for years!!

Yeah, ive just looked myself and its not loading. Hmm first time ive ever had that happen...

try this link then .. http://www.midisite.co.uk/
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
noogai131

Postby noogai131 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:05 am

how do you make the ini? I CBF readin tha whole thing so i skipped to da end :)
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:31 am

well if you Cant be f*cked to read all of it . We cant be f*cked to help you. now go away and read sh1t you lazy SOB.
How to create .ini files is covered in almost every tutorial and about 20 other places on this forum. See if you can be bothered to go read one of those threads.
Gamemaster1379

Postby Gamemaster1379 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:57 pm

I was confused by the wording here and there, and that threw me way off track. If at all possible, a video tutorial of this would help.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:30 am

NOT possible at all. sorry im not gonna rewrite the entire tutorial just for one guy. if you get confused ask a question, or get someone in your house to go through it with you.
bosox04

Postby bosox04 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:59 am

thanks so much nobby!
Fretto

Postby Fretto » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:12 pm

heyho,
right now I'm doing my first song ever for FoF using your method. But one question remains for me, can you have only one difficulty with your method? Cause the tutorials says

You only have to move the notes up or down to make them fit within one of the difficulty bands.

Or can I put a sequence in every difficulty band?
scott6003

Postby scott6003 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 pm

Fretto wrote:heyho,
right now I'm doing my first song ever for FoF using your method. But one question remains for me, can you have only one difficulty with your method? Cause the tutorials says

You only have to move the notes up or down to make them fit within one of the difficulty bands.

Or can I put a sequence in every difficulty band?

I have the same question.

I tried just moving my notes up to there buy nothing changes.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Yes you can have all 4 difficulties. And yes all you have to do is move or copy the notes to the next octave.

octave 5 ( c5-e5 ) is easy. Octave 8 ( c8-e8 ) is amazing. See this pic. It shows you the difficulties.

In this pic it shows you the midi before its moved into a difficulty..

And in this image it shows the notes in the Super easy difficulty ( note it shows on the keyboard what octave it is )
If you wanted to change that from Super Easy to Easy, just move the notes from octave 5 to octave 6.
If you want to create a second difficulty, just Copy the notes to the desired octave and edit them as you see fit.

And Finally.. in this pic you can see the notes in all 4 difficulties.
Please note, this pic is not from the same song. it was taken from GH2. But it shows what a midi with all 4 difficulties should look like. :)
Hope that helps explain about having more than 1 difficulty

Nobby76
Last edited by nobby76 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fretto

Postby Fretto » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:08 am

thanks for the answer, you should put the last pic on the front page, too ;)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”