What Guitar do you use? - What plastic guitar do you use!

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
aduro

Postby aduro » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:22 pm

Yeah, EA totally screwed up up and a ton of them are broken. The RMA process is there for a reason.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:35 pm

i now own a PS2 SG, a 360 xplorer and a RG fender. ive not had a problem with any of them, not even with strumming! they all work perfect! the only thing i cant get used to on the fender is the fact the frets are not raised so sometimes i cant feel where my hand is on the guitar. To be honest i preferred the strummer from the RB fender to the GH guitars, because it doesnt click when you use it. but i preferred the fret buttons on the Xplorer to any of the others.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
aduro

Postby aduro » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:49 pm

You can mess with the sensitivity of the fretbuttons on the Strat pretty easily, they come off just like keyboard keys. You can make them as sensitive or quiet as you want.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:30 am

aduro wrote:You can mess with the sensitivity of the fretbuttons on the Strat pretty easily, they come off just like keyboard keys. You can make them as sensitive or quiet as you want.
Cheers for that info Aduro.. alltho i wasnt actually talking about the sensitivity, i was more talking about the fact they are flush with the rest of the neck so its easy to slide one fret too much and your pinky or index finger is no longer on a fret :( but yes they are a little clicky, kinda like old joystick buttons allmost. I know my bro will be interested in that. he allready modded the RB drums to be a bit quieter using 4 £1 foam mouse mats and was thinking about modding the guitar buttons to try and reduce the clunk out of them ( i dont mind too much, its just him ) :D
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
SwordFox

Postby SwordFox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:52 am

I use both the keyboard and the Xbox 360 X-plorer that came with the PC port of GHIII. Keyboard more than the GH controller.
The Funky Monk
MusicFreak_08

Postby MusicFreak_08 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:14 am

I use the Rock Band controller because it's not as noisy at night and people are trying to sleep lol.
ViperAFK

Postby ViperAFK » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:39 pm

PC GHIII xplorer guitar
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:16 pm

ive tried pretty much every single guitar hero and rock band controller...even a few third party ones. i gotta say, the ps2 sg is hands down the best. the fret buttons are of perfect size, the strum bar has never let me down, and the select button is right where i want it. you dont know how bummed i was when mine broke =/. the only reason it did was because of my carelessness, no technical problems whatsoever. im using a 360 xplorer now and i absolutely hate it. i want another sg =/.
Sk8trfreak

Postby Sk8trfreak » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:36 pm

i use the PS3 strat for RB :D
KEWB

Postby KEWB » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:49 pm

I've got a les paul, (fret buttons aren't working on it, getting it RMAd soon) a Strat, (which I use for FoF, just because it's easier to just plug it in with the USB cable than to buy an adapter) and I'm FINALLY getting the GH2 bundle soon, so I'll be getting an Xplorer soon. All for 360.

EDIT: BTW, I love how the Strat fans say that they don't need a clicky strummer or that they like the silence, even though the fret buttons click, like, twice as loud as any guitar's strumbar.
Last edited by KEWB on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cookies!
"We're not used to the whole apologizing thing. We're not professional apologizers, we're... musicians"
aduro

Postby aduro » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:16 am

KEWB wrote:I love how the Strat fans say that they don't need a clicky strummer or that they like the silence, even though the fret buttons click, like, twice as loud as any guitar's strumbar.

Like I said last page, you can customize the buttons to be as quiet or sensitive as you want very easily
KEWB

Postby KEWB » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:47 am

aduro wrote:
KEWB wrote:I love how the Strat fans say that they don't need a clicky strummer or that they like the silence, even though the fret buttons click, like, twice as loud as any guitar's strumbar.

Like I said last page, you can customize the buttons to be as quiet or sensitive as you want very easily

Sure, but that's if you're willing to void your warranty. And with the... erm.... "craftsmanship" of them, I wouldn't want my strumbar to quit working or a spring in my whammy bar to break and be stuck without a warranty.
Cookies!

"We're not used to the whole apologizing thing. We're not professional apologizers, we're... musicians"
aduro

Postby aduro » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 am

KEWB wrote:Sure, but that's if you're willing to void your warranty. And with the... erm.... "craftsmanship" of them, I wouldn't want my strumbar to quit working or a spring in my whammy bar to break and be stuck without a warranty.

Taking the buttons off does not require voiding the warranty at all, you don't even have to remove any screws. Just pop the buttons off, they are just like on a keyboard.
nixie

Postby nixie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:04 am

I use a ps2 guitar but the wammy don't work in FoF :(
CruZr

Postby CruZr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:20 am

I use a keyboard...ugh...

Return to “General FOF Discussion”