How to make multi-instrumental songs?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
musicgeekxyz

Postby musicgeekxyz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Has anybody figured out how to create midi files so that both guitar and bass can be played? I have combined 2 midi files in Anvil Studios and when I play the created song in FOF, it recogizes the bass part but in hame, no notes are shown. :(
musicgeekxyz

Postby musicgeekxyz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:12 am

I actually figured it out. I forgot to merge my tracks together. When I get a chance, I'll have to make a tutorial for multi-track midi files using Anvil Studio.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:11 pm

actually i had made a post about thyis a few weeks ago.

if you make the midi file in something other than , the ingame editor or freetar, so a proper midi editor is needed here!! you call the track for ther main guitar " PART GUITAR" for the bass " PART BASS" for the rhythm " PART RHYTHM" The name IS CASE SENSITIVE . If you want to make CoOp tracks you just add COOP after the name of the track, E.G. " PART BASS COOP", in total you can have up to 6 different guitar tracks in one song! To make a 2nd - 6th guitar track, just go up to "track/ create / instrument track" and just call that whichever guitar part you need it to be.

If you really wanted you could create it all with the ingame editor, just make your normal guitar track them rename your midi, to something other than Notes.mid/ then go back into the editor, and it should say something about cant find notes.mid, then just create a new set of notes for the bass or rhythm guitar, then load both tracks into anvil, Combine them and remember to to change the track names , then give it a try, it should work, i made a very basic ( 10 notes i think) song with 4 diff guitar tracks and it had a BPM change in it too!
Last edited by nobby76 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
jimmychochang

Postby jimmychochang » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:02 am

I did what you said to do, but whenever I put the notes.mid into the game and try to play it, it just brings me to a blank screen.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:58 am

what do you mean " a blank screen" do oyu mean the screen has nothing on it at all. eg no writing or anything....
or do you mean , the song will load but when you play the song, no notes come down the screen.

If its the second one. that will probably be down to you selecting a difficulty that you havnt put any notes for.

Remember in anvil and other midi editors, Super easy starts on note C5, easy is on C6, medium is on C7 and hard is C8.
If you made the song with a medium track and you try playing it on easy, obviously you wont have any notes there, you didnt make them for easy.

If the problem is a completely blank screen, eg. its just black, or just red. then i really dont know what the problem is, sorry.

Heres the Link to the test song i made. open it in ANVIL studio to see what i did with the notes, instrument tracks, to get it to work
Last edited by nobby76 on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
jimmychochang

Postby jimmychochang » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:11 pm

I mean when I am on the pick a song screen, and I pick the song I made, it just brings me to another screen that has nothing on it at all, but i am downloading your song and i will see what i am doing wrong.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:18 pm

Trust me, it's probably not a big deal. When I was making my latest song, "Dead By Dawn", I spent a good hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't merge my tracks, only to realise that I hadn't put "Part" in the "PART Guitar, PART Rhythm" in all caps.

Oh, and Rhythm is annoying to spell the first few times, I can't tell you how many times I misspelled it.
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Im always spelling rhythm wrong...

Heres something that might help you guys out, i finished my first song tonight, it has multiple guitar tracks in it.
Heres the link to the thread Click Me
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:19 pm

O.K I made a drum midi and a guitar midi using freetar. I then opened my drum midi in anvil. After that I went to file/merge song and merged my guitar track into the file. I renamed the drum midi to PART DRUM and the guitar to PART
GUITAR. Then I went to file/save song as and saved it as notes in the folder. Then I opened frets on fire and went to my song and selected drums/expert and guitar/expert for the 2nd player which was what they were. When I click play it makes a sound like the fretboard was coming up, but the screen is blank without a fretboard. When I tried your test song after it worked perfectly so obviously I am making a stupid mistake somewhere. Oh and I can play single player with my file for both parts just not coop. PLZ HELP!! :( :(
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 am

Ive answered your PM check there!! Also try having a look at all the posts in this thread, as other poeple had a few problems, but some got fixed.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:11 am

You could perhaps try using EOF editor. That has support for multiple tracks.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:13 pm

I use dB so I don't have to deal with that **** while making a co-op song ^^
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Any of the midi editors out ther can handle mutli track songs, all a multi track song is .. is a midi file with more than one intrument track. Midi editors have been able to do this for well over 10 years, to be honest i cant remember a time when a midi editor Wasnt able to use more than 1 instrument at a time.

The reason people are getting problems is because there making the tracks OUTside of the midi editor then there having to try and merge the tracks in Anvil ( or another midi editor) if they made the tracks in the midi editor in the first place you wouldnt have this issue!
Last edited by nobby76 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”