Converting GH3 tracks to FOF - New format used in GH3 ?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 16 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
hedis

Postby hedis » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Well hey it's still better then for me I have to wait until Nov. 23 to get the console version
Last edited by hedis on Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:14 pm

See above post... It holds true for me. Although it does give me an excuse to spend my birthday money on something a bit more expensive... :D
buckethead loves kfc

Postby buckethead loves kfc » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:29 pm

Dr Zaius wrote:Good news. I will have GH3 for 360 no later than tomorrow night. Then the real fun begins.

How??????But Anyway We Will See If You Can Rip Us Some Songs........*cough* the Devil Went Down to Georgia *cough*
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:42 pm

u guys are forgeting that gh3 use a different way to handle with hopos, they will be totally diferent on fof. actually, they are manually placed, so we'll not have perfect rips =D (i guess)
buckethead loves kfc

Postby buckethead loves kfc » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:03 pm

Is There Any Word On Dr . z? Cause I Want to See If He Can Rip Some songs :)
Dr Zaius

Postby Dr Zaius » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:44 am

Unfortunately the files are the exact same as they were in the demo. I have no idea what to do with them or how to approach this so I'm uploading all the files associated with one song. If we can get progress on this song then we can do the rest.

http://www.mediafire.com/?07tmmbmn4jw

If anyone wants some nice quality vids of any song, that I can provide.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:52 am

Dr Zaius wrote:Unfortunately the files are the exact same as they were in the demo. I have no idea what to do with them or how to approach this so I'm uploading all the files associated with one song. If we can get progress on this song then we can do the rest.

The Devil went down to Georgia PLEASE.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
YMS

Postby YMS » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:44 am

Dr Zaius wrote:Unfortunately the files are the exact same as they were in the demo. I have no idea what to do with them or how to approach this so I'm uploading all the files associated with one song. If we can get progress on this song then we can do the rest.

I'm not experienced with such stuff, therefore I could only get very humble insights here, don't know if this is new or helps at all:

The .dat.xen file seems to be only header file for the other one(s?). It's a 4-Byte-scheme (32 bit integer), roughly following, but probably not exact like the one discussed here and especially here. Unfortunately, that Kaddy tool mentioned there isn't running on my machine.

Anyway, a manual naiv analysis of that .dat files for "Barracuda" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (posted here in another thread) showed the second integer to be the exact file size of the .fsb file of each song. I could not get very useful information from the other values, though. Especially, the .pak file's size is not to be found, too.

Just wanted to post what I know. Maybe it helps. Maybe not. Does at least that Kaddy thing run for others? It might get useful...
hedis

Postby hedis » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:54 am

I don't know if you already know or if this is any help but just in case:

http://filext.com/file-extension/fsb

http://www.fmod.org/docs/tutorials/fsb.htm
Valfore

Postby Valfore » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:22 pm

any chance of replacing the demo songs with the songs ripped by Dr z? or am i living in fairy land cause 360 has **** protection?
Arguing With Me Is Like Competing In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win, You're Still Retarded :cool:
RetroHolo

Postby RetroHolo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:02 pm

i'm asuming you could theoretically replace the songs in the demo with ripped ones...but i'm not entirely savvy on how the files are being read and used by the console. It's worth a try. As for ripping the songs to FoF, i'm trying my hardest to do anything with the files but am at a loss so far! will let ya know if i get anything!
"The Flowers are Still Standing!"
FTGF

Postby FTGF » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:24 pm

Ok so I've worked with these files you provided and I'm getting nowhere with PAK explorer and FSB player so I gues these are encrypted like I feared, anyone know how to unencrypt?
Last edited by FTGF on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avenged_One

Postby Avenged_One » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:50 pm

FTGF wrote:Ok so I've worked with these files you provided and I'm getting nowhere with PAK explorer and FSB player so I gues these are encrypted like I feared, anyone know how to unencrypt?

The word is decrypt.
My creations: RockBand Keys & Notes.

Keys: http://www.mediafire.com/?7zlimmvc9km

Notes: http://www.mediafire.com/?6c5yoxvcjgt
funkadelik_bob

Postby funkadelik_bob » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:04 pm

Make a vid of the slash battle.

I really wanna hear the FULL full version of the song, because Slash is an amazing song writer.

And i dont mean the one on youtube that shows it from beginning to computer beat because of the amp overload. I mean beginning to end. =]

So, if you can get that, thanks a ton.
Signature truncated. Please see this post.
<!--
:: Favorite ::
:: Newest ::
-->
Valfore

Postby Valfore » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:05 am

well ill have GH3 for ps2 by tomorrow, so ill see if the filesystem is the same for ps2, it most likely will be though
Arguing With Me Is Like Competing In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win, You're Still Retarded :cool:

Return to “General FOF Discussion”