How are their scores so high? - concerning the world charts

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 16 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Oleander

Postby Oleander » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:15 pm

http://www.unrealvoodoo.org/projects/fretsonfire/charts/songs/gemini/

I'm #10 on hard, yet i did the song 100%, didn't miss pick/reset the multiplier a single time, and held all the notes for as long as possible. I could understand maybe even a 1000 point difference but not 27,000.
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:52 am

I wonder too...

I have a 100% on Godzilla on Expert, and you would think that it means a gold medal, but it's not because someone has like 5,000 more points than me.

I don't think it's because of the mods. Unless hammer-ons are less points and strum notes are more points, then it would be from using RF-Mod.

Or somebody is using a super multiplier. It's almost been done by someone.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Oleander

Postby Oleander » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:56 am

is it possibly because they did the rhythm/lead part instead of the full combo or does it not save those scores?

I ask this because I have the same problem on Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend". 100%, no extra picks to reset the multiplier, down by an astronomical amount. However, 100% on the rhythm part meant like 225,000 points (on hard). And when i went to go check and see if it saved my score the charts were down, and haven't felt like trying since.
Last edited by Oleander on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:12 pm

do you use rf-mod's two-note-chords-only option?
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:24 pm

Is it possible they replaced the notes file with a different one with ZOMFG(RFGWIEJFWEF(J*UNGODLY-Ammount?
troubletcat

Postby troubletcat » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:57 pm

raph666 wrote:do you use rf-mod's two-note-chords-only option?

I thought this affected percentages only, not scoring.

Could well be mistaken, I suppose.

@Topic in General-Good question, the huge score differences sometimes present on 100% playings are a mystery.

Some people seemed to think that there was cheating going on, I'm not sure about that and I'm not one of those guys that likes to scream "hax!" everytime someone beats me, but it is a possibility.
Oleander

Postby Oleander » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:02 pm

raph666 wrote:do you use rf-mod's two-note-chords-only option?

No i do not.
runnin' down a dream
DreamOnMan92

Postby DreamOnMan92 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:15 pm

Yeah, it does happen a lot... I know some people use the "Und Up to My Tempo" thing, but does that help with fattened scores?
DREAMONSONGS THREAD Newest:
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That
Bon Jovi - Runaway
uberlulz

Postby uberlulz » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:26 pm

DreamOnMan92 wrote:Yeah, it does happen a lot... I know some people use the "Und Up to My Tempo" thing, but does that help with fattened scores?

Scores don't get recorded that way.

Not to mention, Jurgen isn't perfect. I've gotten higher scores than him on operation ground and pound, since he skips to the next note ASAP so he doesn't hold notes as long as they can be held.
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:04 am

holding notes as long as they can be held is the thing that cuts it.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:38 am

I think it has something to do with the long notes. I got 100% for defy the machine on hard (Medium in FOF) quite a lot of times and the highscores vary from around 124500 to 126080. That gets pretty close to the #1 on the world charts who has 126703 for it.

On the same difficulty I tried bang bang, mystery man (almost only long notes) and my scores varied from 146000 to 155600, this is nothing compared to the #1 on the list, who has 231528 and has four stars!!!!! No kidding, just look:
http://www.unrealvoodoo.org/project....angbang

Also I noticed some sort of glitch in the long notes: Sometimes if I release all keys before a long note ends I get an instant 3000 points or at least something close to it, so some people might have discovered this 'indirect cheat' and used it. I didn't see this in the later versions, however, but I think this glitch might be to blame for all those superior high scores.
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:29 am

I believe they edit their scores, 4* and 230,000 by player DoNotChe is kinda odd. Editing scores is actually very easy, I tried it whit You Suffer by Napalm Death (only 4 notes, max score 150) and I was able to edit over 190,000 easily.

And now I shall forget what I did and delete You suffer -scores. And kpChad will always think I'm a cheater...

http://www.unrealvoodoo.org/projects/fretsonfire/charts/songs/defy/
439k on amazing? I don't think so.

EDIT: The max is 400, not 150.
Last edited by Kotti on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14 am

Yup, I have seen that one too. That is entirely impossible, even if you get 3k extra for every long note.

Btw. since when does defy the machine have a Supaeasy difficulty??
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:40 am

I believe we all agree that cheating with opensource is not a problem, many people know how to input whatever score they want into the charts. It's just not the kind of thing you want to promote on a forum (you don't want to facilitate it for others who don't know, and you don't want to be called a cheater). We have to accept cheating as a reality and use the charts 'for entertainment only'. There is no way you could increase security enough to prevent cheating on a web based scorecharts of an opensource game

The main problem with the world charts is that it's working pretty well but actually, maybe a little too well. Since it doesn't require a lot of maintenance, admins must not be looking at it very much so the only option players have is to complain on forums, but it doesn't change a thing on the world charts. We should submit a 'cheat report' function to UV

Return to “General FOF Discussion”