Is it me

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 16 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Zack11190

Postby Zack11190 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:32 pm

Or does it seem like that this game is impossible? You have to hit the notes exactly as they come up.

I'm pretty good on Hard in GH, but with FoF, I can't even do Medium (FoF Easy = GH Medium).
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:43 pm

Frets On Fire has a lower tolerance than GH does about hitting notes at the appropriate time. Compared to DDR, GH let's you hit notes ranging from "Perfect" to "Ok" level, and FoF allows you to hit notes from "Perfect" to "Great" level. Because GH is more leniant, most GH players who come to FoF have the same problem you have. Just practice FoF more.

I don't see what's so hard about having to hit the notes as they actually pass over the keys. :/
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
runnin' down a dream
DreamOnMan92

Postby DreamOnMan92 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:47 pm

I had noticed that too, when I first played. Like Jake said, you'll get better with practice (plus it will help you be more accurate with GH as well.)
DREAMONSONGS THREAD Newest:
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That
Bon Jovi - Runaway
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:52 pm

This game is accurate, not "hard." Any problems with hitting the notes are either a badly fretted song or lack of skill.
poison

Postby poison » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Damn straight! FOF for life! :)
blah blah blah...
Songs Made: 3
Latest:
Good Charolette - Keep Your Hands off my Girl
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:30 pm

If you get C-mod he has the early and late margin set HUGELY high, so it's much easier. It will give you a much more 'dont hurt me daddy' sort of GH experience.

-Alex
poison

Postby poison » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 pm

that is very true, but if you play with the stricter time settings in FOF, it will up your game tremendously in guitar hero. the thing i love about the C-mod is how he justified each board speed setting by difficulty. that's about it. i could live without the hit margin modifications. so yeah, it's not really harder, it's just very accurate. or it could be your AV delay.
blah blah blah...

Latest:

warhol

Postby warhol » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:00 am

This game isn't called "Frets on Easy"
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:22 pm

The gratest problem of FOF is not Graphics, it is being able to play with a keyboad... It is also it's biggest virtue... Not everyone is willing to pay 70€ to be able to nail the solos...
There should be a automatic conversion tool to get rid of those so close together notes...
poison

Postby poison » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:13 pm

i'm actually better with the keyboard, but i'm sure i could easily adapt to the guitar.
blah blah blah...

Latest:

warhol

Postby warhol » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:12 am

crazy.neo wrote:The gratest problem of FOF is not Graphics, it is being able to play with a keyboad... It is also it's biggest virtue... Not everyone is willing to pay 70€ to be able to nail the solos...
There should be a automatic conversion tool to get rid of those so close together notes...

I can do close together notes :/
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:13 pm

warhol wrote:
crazy.neo wrote:The gratest problem of FOF is not Graphics, it is being able to play with a keyboad... It is also it's biggest virtue... Not everyone is willing to pay 70€ to be able to nail the solos...

I can do close together notes :/

All keyboards have different lag input values.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”