Purchasing Song Charts?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
jonathonrt

Re: Purchasing Song Charts?

Postby jonathonrt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Allow songs to be authored for money BUT the author should give the profit to the admins to help pay for this site. I'd even be happy with a 70/30 split (70 going to the site.) Before a song is sold it should have to undergo a review process. This would ensure that the buyers are getting quality charts. The author would PM the song to the admins. The admins would then send it off to one of their selected anonymous reviewers. If issues are found the author will be asked to correct them before the sale is completed.

This just sounds like a way to make things way overcomplicated. You're asking to bring in at least 2 other people, Which means getting a song you want purchased would take much longer. As it stands, The two I've gotten have only taken about 2-3 days each. Having to bring in other people, waiting for them be online, as well as having the free time to do what you ask, could end up making the process take weeks, or worse. As for money to the admins, They run ad's, I'm sure they're doing fine, even without a few bucks from puppetz here and there. And I agree on Raynebc's point, The songs Puppetz gets paid for are going to be released FREE later on. Which means the community will still get free songs.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:51 pm

wolferacing wrote:This game and forum was so popular because of three core things; it's free, it has many available songs, and it is customizable.
I respect your opinion and you're right in many things you've said. :smile:

I'll just give an example here. Right now I'm in a situation wich is the following: I work on a pace wich would include lets say 4 songs a month (for Drum Project 4). Instead I only have time to do two songs for that project due to people are buying songs from me, about 6 songs a month. When people request I assure them that they get their songs within a few days. The songs they buy I will release in a pack later on for this forum. Mathematically speaking this forum gets 8 (free songs for the rest of the community) songs a month instead of 4.

One more thing: "Mr.X" favorite band is "Band Y". But no one has ever charted anything by "Band Y", so he requests it normally in the tune request section. There's a minimal chance anyone will chart it. So maybe he'll wait a year or... forever. Why not give this guy the chance to play his favorite song on FoF and make him happy by buying it? This situations has/will always occurred in many threads where people are begging to pay for a song no one will ever chart...
Last edited by Puppetz on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
No need to fit in!
Oddbrother

Postby Oddbrother » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Sounds like a legitimate commission to me.
Amencorner666

Postby Amencorner666 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

I think that if someone really wants something charted for them, and no one is willing to do it outside of getting paid to, then having a service that allows them to get that charted isn't a bad thing as long as it gets released for everyone.

With that said...I am a little sad that out of the very few charters of decent metal, one of them has gone on a hiatus (possibly permanent), a couple haven'tdone anything in awhile, and the only one who is still semi-active, is focused on putting out pay-for-charts. So many good albums out in the last year, and all the people who will bother to do them, are rarely seen putting out anything.
opiumtest5

Postby opiumtest5 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:42 am

I believe what'd really be worth paying for is full band charts which are downcharted.
Projects:
Melodeath Hero WIP
Bullet for my Valentine - Temper Temper (Album) WIP
Dimension Zero Discography WIP
Dragonforce - The Power Within discontinued...
In Flames Discography FINISHED

My custom song thread
(Anime) (video Games) (John 5) (Tool) (Protest The Hero) (In Flames) (Dragonforce) (Vitalij Kuprij) (Random Japanese bull****) (Full Band songs) (packages)
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:35 pm

I'd like to chime in and say "a person's quality as a charter should not be based on reputation" is, quite frankly, blarney. The "reputation" principle applies to ANY service out there in the real world. "A good name is better than riches", and it can bring in the riches, too ;)

If you have a good reputation as a good and productive [insert service provider here], then you are considered more valuable than someone who doesn't have that reputation. That's just basic how-the-world-turns reality 101. Few people are going to realistically request the services of somebody who's only put up 7 charts of varying quality vs. 100s of charts of excellent quality. 2 charts of excellent quality in 5 years vs. 20 charts of fair-to-excellent quality in 6 months.

As to how I feel about the practice of charging. Eh... I remember all the years of offers of people to pay for unpopular charts. I do think it kind of bricks against what the community was originally about, but I think everything needs to change and progress, and I have no problem with that. I say if people are willing to shell out 13 bucks for 4 minutes of playtime (or possible 20 if they fail alot, lol), then more power to them and the fretter. And as long as it's not an exclusive do-not-release-to-public deal, then they are both benefiting the community as a whole until some legal eagle finds out about somebody essentially making money off of other people's music but-not-really, and brings the hammer down on the community at large (because this is the last straw), lol.

opiumtest5 wrote:I believe what'd really be worth paying for is full band charts which are downcharted.

Yeah yeah, man. Those are pretty valuable in my house. "All difficulties/multi-parts" charts are a must when you have younger siblings, lol. I always get yelled at when we get to a song that I fretted with only expert difficulty, lol.
kubatroy

Postby kubatroy » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:28 am

I don't really like the idea of charging for charts, but any way to generate activity in this community would be nice.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:21 pm

kubatroy wrote:I don't really like the idea of charging for charts, but any way to generate activity in this community would be nice.

Did you really wake up a 10 year old thread, to make your first post?? :blink: :rolleyes:
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
rudrisazz

Postby rudrisazz » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:40 am

I definitely wouldn't get involved with it myself, but I don't really see much of a problem if others do it. I'm not really expecting the community to become some pay-for-requests business. I chart for my own enjoyment, and others getting happy as a result is just a great side-effect. I would never charge for my charts, even if they are direct requests.

mobdro
Last edited by rudrisazz on Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jantahu8

Postby jantahu8 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:16 am

I don't really like the idea of charging for charts, but any way to generate activity in this community would be nice. Although I'm not sure if this will simply drive away new members if the idea picks up, as it may give the impression that you have to pay to get a request done in a reasonable amount of time, and not everyone is willing to pay for charts.

[url="https://get-vidmateapp.com/home/"]get-vidmateapp.com[/url] [url="https://get-mobdroapk.com"]mobdro download[/url]
Last edited by jantahu8 on Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:00 pm

jantahu8 wrote:I don't really like the idea of charging for charts, but any way to generate activity in this community would be nice. Although I'm not sure if this will simply drive away new members if the idea picks up, as it may give the impression that you have to pay to get a request done in a reasonable amount of time, and not everyone is willing to pay for charts.

True, but I must admit... as a charter, it is nice to get something material back for the work I do, haha. I've done a handful of commissions over the years, which leaves 100s of charts I did for free. Charting is a mostly thankless activity on here; I rarely get any comments saying they enjoy my charts. The main reason I keep going is the enjoyment I personally get from my charts; not any duty to the 'community'. But if there's any duty to the community that I feel, it's the occasional kind comment and, indeed, the fact that people enjoy my charts enough that they are willing to pay for them.

I don't think charting should become a "business" (that would indeed drive away new members), but I do think the occasional paid chart is a great way to show appreciation towards charters.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
chalookal

Postby chalookal » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:30 am

I see it in the same way as I do with art commissions. People paint a picture for a fan, people chart songs for a fan... Unless you justify the "fine line" between the two.
creastysomp

Postby creastysomp » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:23 am

I don't really like the idea of charging for charts, but any way to generate activity in this community would be nice. Although I'm not sure if this will simply drive away new members if the idea picks up, as it may give the impression that you have to pay to get a request done in a reasonable amount of time, and not everyone is willing to pay for charts.

hellodear.in

tea tv apk
Last edited by creastysomp on Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
banaunnuh

Postby banaunnuh » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:07 am

I do agree with other folks i dont see this a trend, but im afraid the frequency would increase to absolute "noobs" charting songs and thinking they could get paid to do request. Im open to people asking for donations as it's a great way to add incentive to finish a project. Knowing you have all that support. Even with Puppetz, he's known for his large quantity of charted songs. He's still one of the most respected members of the original FoF-FF community. To gain that ability was actually well worth his effort. Im sure he has things he can use it on (school, booze?!). Just in this thread though it shows that he has a dedicated fanbase. Which i wont trample over. [url="https://sites.google.com/view/pikashow-apk-dl/"]pikashow[/url]

[url="https://19216811.bid/"]192.168.l.l[/url]
Last edited by banaunnuh on Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
miikebross

Postby miikebross » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:49 am

Ehh I definitely wouldn't get involved with it myself, but I don't really see much of a problem if others do it. I'm not really expecting the community to become some pay-for-requests business. I chart for my own enjoyment, and others getting happy as a result is just a great side-effect. I would never charge for my charts, even if they are direct requests. [url="https://waplus.win/"]waplus.win[/url]

[url="https://projectfreetv.onl/"]projectfreetv.onl[/url]
Last edited by miikebross on Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”